Harleston is a small market town with a population of about 5,000 situated in South Norfolk right on the Norfolk/Suffolk border within the Waveney valley. Whilst it has a relatively small population, there is a wide catchment area of about 30,000. Almost situated in the centre of East Anglia, Norwich is16 miles, Ipswich is 32 miles and Bury St Edmunds 32 miles. There are regular bus services to the surrounding areas together with mainline railway station at Diss on the Norwich to London Liverpool Street line.
Harleston has been a market town since at least 1369 and still holds a Wednesday market.
Things to Look Out For
- Banham Zoo
- Bressingham Steam and Gardens
- Wingfield Barns – Summer events
- Stonham Barns
- Suffolk Owl Sanctuary
- Newmarket Racecourse
- Bressingham Hall and High Barn Events Venue
- Variety of pubs, cafés and restaurants
- Harleston Magpies Hockey Club
- Public swimming pool and gym in Diss
- Heywood Sports & Fitness Centre offering Tennis, Padel Tennis, Squash & 5-a-side Football Pitch Diss
- Diss Town Football Club
- Diss Rugby Club
- Diss Golf Course
- Star Wing Brewery Redgrave
- Twisted Hops Online
- Ampersand Brewery & Tap Room Diss
- The Swan Hotel Harleston
- J D Young
- The Park Hotel Diss
- Brome Grange
- Oaksmere Brome
- Diss By Verve Scole
ShoppingLots of individual locally owned shops, one main supermarket and mini market, Garden Centres in Diss and Pulham Market.
SchoolsHarleston and most villages have a primary school. Archbishop Sancroft High school for Norfolk and Stradbroke High School for Suffolk.
- Park Radio
- Harleston Breakfast Show