Introducing Long Stratton
Long Stratton is a small town with a population of about 4,500 situated in South Norfolk on the A140 mid-way between Norwich, 10 miles and Diss12 miles. There is a regular bus and mainline railway station at Diss or Norwich on the Norwich to London Liverpool Street line.
Long Stratton borders five other parishes: Tharston and Hapton, Tasburgh, Morningthorpe and Fritton, Pulham Market, and Wacton.
The name 'Stratton' means 'farm/settlement on a Roman road.
Things to Look Out For
- Banham Zoo
- Bressingham Steam and Gardens
- Wingfield Barns – Summer events
- Stonham Barns
- Suffolk Owl Sanctuary
- Newmarket Racecourse
- Variety of pubs, cafés and restaurants in the area
- Long Stratton Sports Centre
- Star Wing Brewery Redgrave
- Twisted Hops Online
- Ampersand Brewery & Tap Room Diss
- Park Hotel Diss
- Brome Grange
- Oaksmere Brome
- Diss By Verve Scole
- Lots of individual locally owned shopssupermarket.
- Garden Centre inPulham Market